Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: HOURLY: Technician, Engineering
Job Title: HOURLY: Technician, Engineering
City: Tamaqua / State: Pennsylvania
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for an Engineering Technician located in Tamaqua, PA.
The Engineering Technicians support operations though providing high level technical response, developing and coordinating floor response and leading continuous improvement projects. They provide technical assistance to production departments to ensure continued operation of existing equipment. Facilitate operation by developing sound operation techniques, introducing design improvements for production equipment, and by directing the installation, start up, and related training of new equipment. They oversee response in their area and ensure it is appropriate and thorough.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides technical assistance to the team and the business resulting in an efficient operation that runs to the schedule and executes the daily business of the department.
- Provides technical expertise in solving problems related to all departmental mechanical, electrical, and process issues.
- Analyzes equipment process problems and resolves problems by redesign and modification.
- Evaluates and analyzes capabilities of equipment and sets operation limits, quality specifications, and standards in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Recommends and implements process improvements Converts difficult work methods, sequences, and design ideas into workable drawings, training, memos, and letters of communication.
- Provides cost estimates on engineering projects for justifications and CAR preparations.
- Initiates problems solving recommendations and solutions on urgent equipment and production problems.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for new equipment and facilitates delivery.
- Provides technical training to production/maintenance team members.
- Coordinates cost reduction projects and estimates total project costs and savings.
- Coordinates fabrication and/or installation of equipment with supervision.
- Establishes work priorities on multiple projects.
- Observes, corrects, and reports abnormal mechanical/electrical/team conditions to appropriate personnel.
- Provide management with recommendations for corrective actions, policies and process improvements.
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred. Associates degree in a technical or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience or equivalent as a plant qualified Mechanic, Team Leader, or Process Technician preferred
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting process & equipment issues.
- Must have the ability to work independently and efficiently with little supervision.
- Desire or demonstrated ability to teach and train other team associates.
- Must have solid communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated leadership and team skills.
- Demonstration of initiative, self motivation, forward-thinking, and enthusiasm.
- Self-education/ability to learn.
- Shows personal integrity and perseverance.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Capable of learning SAP, Maintenance Connection and other required software.
- Understanding of daily management, shift hand-off’s, daily toolbox topics, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills (Root Cause analysis techniques required)
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Supervisor mentality required.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
- Ability to be discreet with confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during key business deadlines.
- Ability to determine cost and payback on projects and initiatives.
- Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.