Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: HOURLY: Analyst, Quality
Job Title: HOURLY: Analyst, Quality
City: Carrollton / State: Texas
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products, we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Quality Analyst at our Carrollton, Texas location.
The Quality Analyst is a position that works closely with the Quality department, Process Leaders, Corporate Quality, R&D, and Manufacturing. Implement quality system procedures and focus on preventative action to mitigate nonconforming product. Act as a resource for, and provide support to, the Manufacturing teams and their processes.
The Quality Analyst will be responsible for:
- Possess knowledge of all test purposes, methods, and equipment that pertain to product quality, as listed in the Product Quality Plan (PQP). Understand how those procedures relate to the quality of the product being tested.
- Develop and maintain production test data collection sheets as necessary.
- Accurately and completely maintain inspection and test record files in accordance with Product Quality Plans and Presto Quality Policies/Procedures.
- Assist with Quality training for new and existing employees, including the implementation of Presto Procedures and inspection methodologies. Maintain training records for quality documentation.
- Regularly perform audits on items such as quality checks, documentation, run conditions, and lock detectors. Communicate results and monitor for trends.
- Conduct online and inventory product audits based on process performance and customer complaints. Perform AQL sample inspections on incoming components, raw materials, production processes, and finished products including Imports, when necessary.
- Participate in checking-in import containers and updating database. Pull and inspect import product samples per AQL inspection (or other) requirements, when necessary.
- Participate in Kaizen events, as needed.
- Prepare certificates of conformance, certificates of analysis, and any other inspection documentation required by customers, accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Perform or participate in assigning disposition of nonconforming product and other aspects of the Hold process.
- Plan, organize, analyze, and review PPAP’s as needed to validate process changes and/or new products prior to being released to production. This may also include completing layout inspections, developing sampling plans, testing product, analyzing data, or completing necessary paperwork.
- Effectively utilize the Presto Quality databases for PPAPs, Holds, CARs, and supplier defects. Analyze for trends and publish findings.
- Responsible to comply with SQF and/or GMP practices, as specified at the individual plant, and programs to ensure safe food packaging product and to report food safety problems to those with authority to take action. Establish, maintain, and audit compliance to plant GMP’s, in accordance with regulatory and customer requirements. Create and distribute monthly GMP audit reports and monitor corrective actions. Participate in third party GMP and/or SQF audits, when requested.
- If assigned, lead the HACCP team and manage the HACCP program, developing, implementing, and maintaining a food safety plan to control and assure food safety. If assigned as a HACCP team member, participate in the development, implementation, and review of the HACCP plan to ensure food safety for the facility.
- Understand the product withdrawal / recall process, and assist, as needed in any actual recalls or product withdrawals.
- If assigned, sample water from profile lines to check for microbial growth and free chlorine.
- If assigned, create and post monthly reports for Quality Metrics, complaint information, and customer feedback.
- Assist as requested with customer visits/audits, customer product sample requests, data summaries, and complaint follow-up.
- Review returned product from customer complaints and investigate to root cause by reviewing product, machine run conditions, and test data. Utilize the CAR system as appropriate.
- Use standard problem solving tools, SPC charts, FMEAs, mistake proofing, and gage R&R for studying and improving process performance. Collect and analyze data, and summarize and communicate in reports when appropriate.
- Understand the calibration program. Identify equipment that is out of calibration and place equipment out of service when appropriate. If assigned, perform calibration on micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, and scales, maintaining proper documentation for these as well as calibration documentation received from outside vendors. Use trend analysis to modify calibration frequency as needed.
- Represent Quality Services on manufacturing teams as needed. Participate in plant Daily Management when needed.
- Perform work in a safe manner that protects and promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
- Conduct 5S audits and if assigned, maintain the 5S program.
- Follow and/or maintain the document control program
- Look up and interpret specifications, bills of materials and pallet diagrams.
- Check and respond emails on a timely manner.
- Prioritize workload on a daily basis.
To be considered for the Quality Analyst Opportunity, candidates should possess:
- Must speak, read, and write English. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Good interpersonal skills and professional presence.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing and/or Quality Assurance environment.
- Working knowledge of quality systems and standards, product inspection requirements, auditing, and manufacturing processes.
- Must be able to read and understand specifications, work instructions, and test procedures. Have knowledge of test equipment and its operation.
- Utilize Microsoft computer applications with proficiency (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint) to analyze data and communicate information effectively.
- Be able to apply problem-solving techniques and perform root cause analysis, as related to product non-conformances.
- Be accurate, organized, and detail oriented. Be able to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision. Be dependable, and able to work independently or on a team.
- Understand and apply basic statistics, such as control charts, histograms, and process capability calculations.
- Working knowledge of quality software programs, such as Minitab and Gain Seeker, for SPC control charts and process capability studies.
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Working knowledge of AIB and GMP requirements, as well as HACCP. Completion of HACCP and internal auditor training preferred.
- Experience with ISO 9000 or other quality systems a plus
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.