Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: Senior State Tax Analyst
City: Lake Forest
Job Title: Senior State Tax Analyst
City: Lake Forest / State: Illinois
Join Reynolds Services Inc...a world of opportunities! We currently have an opportunity for a Senior State Tax Analyst to join our Reynolds Leveraged Services team at our Lake Forest, IL location.
The Senior State Tax Analyst role will work with State Income Tax Managers in the RGHL tax group and will assist in all aspects of state income tax compliance. In addition, this role will assist in; State tax research and tax planning for income taxes, Preparation of quarterly and year-end state income tax provisions, Management of the state effective tax rate including accounting for uncertain tax positions, and assist with Sarbanes Oxley compliance and the state income tax audits.
The responsibilities of the Senior State Tax Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and file state income and franchise tax estimated payments, extensions and tax returns, including apportionment work papers and other schedules to support the state compliance.
- Timely and accurately complete state income and franchise tax returns.
- Perform and document tax research and planning throughout the year, including analysis of state tax law changes and their impact on RGHL companies.
- Address various state tax issues, document research and timely respond to the various business units.
- Assist with the state income and franchise tax audits.
- Gather documentation for audits and draft responses to the information requests from the state tax authorities.
- Timely respond to various correspondence and notices from the states.
- Remain in compliance with the various state and local jurisdictions.
- Assist with the state income tax credits and incentives annual filings and projects.
- Timely and accurately complete annual report filings. Research additional tax credits available.
- Special projects as assigned / Provide prompt tax support to the business units
To be considered for the Senior State Tax Analyst role candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA and/or Master’s Degree is desired.
- Tax experience in a Big 4 firm or within a tax department of a major company with practical hands on experience.
- Familiarity with CorpTax and SAP a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in tax or combined experience in tax and accounting.
- Candidate should have experience with income tax accounting (FAS 109) and preparing state income tax returns.
- Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment. o Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to meet deadlines is required.
- Ability to interface with outside consultants required as needed.
- 5% travel
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.