Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: Research and Development Engineer
Job Title: Research and Development Engineer
City: Jacksonville / State: Illinois
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career and make a positive impact? Then we have an opportunity for you! We are searching for an engineer to join our Research, Development and Engineering team located in Jacksonville, IL.
Reynolds is looking for an engineer with mechanical design experience to lead in design, development and commercialization of machine and process changes. The ideal candidate will be looking for an opportunity to transform their creative ideas into new products or processes for manufacturing. The candidate will enjoy having the opportunity to influence the business through their ideas, research, and development of solutions to increase manufacturing performance across new products, safety, quality, process, and productivity. The candidate will enjoy collaborating with engineering, operations, marketing, and the business team to deliver results that can be seen at all major retail stores.
- Coordinates process development and commercialization activities for Hefty waste bags under the direction of one or more engineering managers responsible for activities in these areas.
- Supervise and direct engineering technicians to accomplish tasks as required.
- Troubleshoot mechanical or electrical equipment and/or provide technical leadership to resolve such issues.
- Startup new or modified bag making conversion and PE blown film extrusion manufacturing equipment.
- Develops, writes, implements, submits and/or presents various technical reports or capital requests in support of new product, safety, quality, process improvement, or productivity initiatives.
- Perform complex activities related to the design, testing, and evaluation of mechanical and electromechanical devices or systems.
- Apply statistical analysis techniques to trial data and develop key observations and conclusions.
- Collaborates on improvements to production methods, implementing new production techniques, and determination of manufacturing capacities.
- Ability to understand control sequences of operations and work directly with electrical engineers and technicians to troubleshoot equipment controls problems and achieve efficient operation of new or modified equipment.
- Directly manage small to medium sized capital projects up to $500,000.
- Travel to other sites or vendor locations in performance of duties. Travel is project dependent and ranges from 0% to 20%.
- Have the desire to learn and improve through training both inside and outside the company as part of your personal development plan.
- No shift work required.
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical preferred), with 5+ years of applicable experience preferred.
- High degree of creativity, ability to work independently, and with a team.
- Solid communications skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and establish priorities.
- Basic understanding of 3D drawing software, solid modeling, or heat transfer modeling.
- Basic understanding of statistical techniques and methods (DOE, SPC, etc).
- Basic understanding of Lean manufacturing techniques and methods
Icing on the Cake
- Polymer blown film extrusion experience is desirable.
- Familiarity with physical and analytical test methods for polymer films and resin is desirable.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.