Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: Senior Test Engineer
Job Title: Senior Test Engineer
City: Richmond / State: Virginia
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Test Engineer (food packaging) to join our team in Bellwood, VA.
The Senior Test Engineer is a senior management targeted technical resource for the domestic and international businesses of Reynolds Consumer Products. The Senior Test Engineer supports a number of the functions within the organization and works directly with multiple disciplines to optimize the production, quality, safety and profitability of food packaging products made by and for Reynolds throughout the world.
The Senior Test Engineer will be responsible for:
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Product and Process Development
- Perform and develop tests for evaluation of new products/processes
- Provide and manage internal and external technical resources for all phases of product development and testing from concept to commercialization.
- Work with internal and external suppliers to develop and optimize manufacturing processes.
- Write and maintain product specifications.
- Participate in Product and Process Review Boards to evaluate changes for improvements, cost reduction, and enhanced product quality and safety.
- Technical Support
- Comparative product testing.
- Evaluate product packaging for National Safe Transit Testing and useful life.
- Monitor product quality from internal and external sources, and assist in development of quality systems.
- Assist Marketing and Sales with sampling and reporting for audits, home use studies, and claims substantiation.
- Assist Consumer Response and Legal teams with product issues and inquiries.
- Assist in developing programs and practices to ensure compliance with Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
- Assist in oversight and development of technical resources
- Work with team members to ensure integrity of test procedures and data.
- Proficiency in use and maintenance of existing equipment
- Recommend and evaluate training and equipment to upgrade capabilities.
- Supervise tech group in absence of Manager, participate in succession planning
To be considered for the Senior Test Engineer (food packaging) opportunity, candidates should possess:
- Position requires a BS degree in materials science, packaging technology or engineering.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in consumer food packaging products or related business
- In-depth knowledge of metals, polymers, paper, adhesives, inks, and coatings used in food packaging products
- Proficiency with physical/mechanical properties measurement and lab equipment (Instron tensile and Mullen burst tests)
- Highly competent with MS Office, data acquisition, computer interfacing, CAD experience desirable
- Experience with experimental design and statistical analysis
- Experience in utilization and manufacturing of food packaging products
- Working knowledge of thermal, optical and chemical testing
- Background in chemistry as related to food packaging products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to summarize/analyze test results and develop product specifications
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with teams in a fast-paced environment with multiple responsibilities and customers
- Supervisory experience is highly desirable
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.